While the teams last week played Jekyll and Hyde from the previous week as usual in the NFL, the cream always rises to the top, and maybe Cinderella Buffalo got to kiss the prince after all and prevail. Here are my football power rankings headed into NFL Week 4 of the season. My numbers are based on numerous things, including offensive and defensive stats, injuries, turnover ratios, penalties committed, Overall starting QB rating, and special teams.
I have the team listed and the NFL power ranking next to them. Weigh in injuries at game time, home field (2 to 4 points depending on team), weather, and any intangibles you may feel worthwhile in terms of adding or taking away points to a power ranking, and you will arrive at an overlay against the Las Vegas Line based on the NFL point spread.
1. GREEN BAY – 96 – Any doubts were ceased this weekend. Easy week this week at home against Denver.
2. NEW ENGLAND – 95 – A bump in the road against upstart Buffalo and now a roadie to Oakland. Bounce back? Check that total!
3. NEW ORLEANS – 95 – Big win over Houston. Must score to win but Turnovers not plaguing them this year as much.
4. BALTIMORE – 94 – Big win this week after a debacle at Tennessee, have NY Jets Sunday Night, will determine their path.
5. SAN DEIGO – 94 (tie) – Offense solid – Defense Solid – Coaching stinks. Miami at home after a KC scare.
6. DETROIT- 92- I am on board. Play from behind, solid defense, QB good, deep at skill spots, well coached
7. ATLANTA – 92 (tie) – Tough loss at Tampa but still talented on offense, big play capability, defense is sound and have Seattle this week
8. HOUSTON – 92(tie) – Tough loss st NO. Home against Pitt this week, Foster to be back – Defense will rebound, solid QB.
9. PITTSBURGH – 90 – OL line issues, Cannot run right now, Big Ben doing too much, defense has holes but still Pitt. Win ugly.
10. BUFFALO – 90 (tie) – The Bills QB is for real, RB for real, defense suspect but workable, well coached and confident.
11. NY Jets – 89.5 – Defense has issues, Sanchez not in sync, DL allows the run. Solid but not elite
12. NY Giants – 88 – Running game awesome, QB rated #3 in NFL, injuries will improve, Carolina at home helps
13. PHILLY-86 – QB issues with injury and play calling stinks. Run the Ball! Big play capability everywhere
14. DALLAS – 86(tie) – Healthy Romo and they are better than this. Injury issues and secondary allows big plays
15. WASHINGTON- 85 – Grossman playing well, defense is sound, RB and WR unit solid, well coached, dangerous
16. CHICAGO – 85 (tie) – OL is an issue in pass protection, OL in general. Defense solid, no start WR hurts.
17. TAMPA BAY – 84.5 – QB solid, defense solid, extremely well coached, and sneaky good. They compete!
18. OAKLAND – 84 – Solid offense, best Running game around, playmakers on defense, tough at home.
19. CLEVELAND-84 (tie) – Scrappy, McCoy better than most think, Hillis great RB, Play solid D
20. TENNESSEE – 83 – Find ways to lose and win. QB better than you think, unknown defense.
21. ST LOUIS – 82 – Need to get healthy, weak conference off a bad loss. Rebound time
22. SAN FRAN – 82(tie) – Could be 3-0 and lost in OT. Defense plays well, Gore solid at QB, QB Smith an issue but better
23. MIAMI -81 – Best 0-3 team in NFL – Coaching stinks – QB rated high – Defense solid. They compete
24. DENVER – 81 (tie) – QB Solid, WR Threat, RB deep, defense gives up big plays, could be good with coaching
25. JAX – 80 – QB experiment hurting them, good RB, defense better than average.
26. CAROLINA -80 (tie) – Newton playing well, defense suspect, good team in the making
27. CINCY -80 (tie) – QB a rookie, scrappy team, cannot score well, Buffalo on deck at home. Ouch
28. INDY – 79 – QB issues, defense is good, need to stress RB, get Painter involved at QB, Collins no good.
29. ARIZONA -79 (tie) – Offense solid, defense is a funnel, cannot trade punches all day without Running game
30. MINNY – 79 (tie) – McNabb not panning out, outstanding running game, cannot hold lead
31. KC – 78- Have talent, bad offensive game plan, injury issues out the wazzu, brutal schedule
32. SEATLLE -77 – No offense, No QB, young team, good special teams, just flat out raw. Need QB and RB, big play capability.
The WinningEdge is the best source for expert weekly football picks (NFL) picks, free football picks, free college football picks, betting advice, predictions, lines, odds, betting advice and much more from Tony George and the expert sports handicappers at the WinningEdge.